Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Safari and Automatic Session Save

This morning I was working on some stuff in Safari with about a dozen tabs open and a popup appeared asking me if I am interested in updating Leopard. I said yes; but it popped up another message asking if I am willing to restart the computer in order to install the updates. None of the tabs open in Safari were very important; I could get back to them very quickly later. So, I decided to close all of them and let the computer install the updates (and give me a short break from work).
After restart, I fired up Safari to get back to my work. I went to 'History' to see if I can get back to where I was quickly. I discovered that Safari 3.0 automatically saves the session before quitting. Just a click on 'Reopen All Windows From Last Session' got me back to where I was! Nice.

No comments: