Wednesday, October 08, 2008

ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office

For most users, OpenOffice provides ample functionality at an unbeatable price. If you don't know about it already, you should give it a try (Download OOo link). I use OpenOffice and I like it. However, that is not the case with everyone I work with. Microsoft Office is the preferred piece of software and although I am careful, often I come across a situation where I have file in ODF (OpenDocument Format) and I only have access to Microsoft Office. ODF Plugin solves that problem.

ODF Plugin allows you to open files that are in ODF using Microsoft Office. It can be downloaded from this website (33Mb file). After downloading the .exe file, double-click to open and follow on-screen directions to install. Now, I keep a copy of that installation file on my USB disk so that, if necessary, I can always install it and use Microsoft Office to work with my ODF files.

No comments: